KRAV MAGA SELF DEFENCE
Fitness + Confidence
Improve your fitness with every class. Krav Maga utilises techniques that promote cardio, strength, flexibility and agility. Learn real-life self-defence skills whilst improving your fitness. Learn Krav Maga.
- Improved cardiovascular fitness
- Increased strength, agility and flexibility
- Increased confidence
- Increased awareness
Sometimes known as ‘the art of staying alive’ training Krav Maga will arm you with the tools to be prepared for any situation. Krav Maga is as effective as it gets when it comes to self-defence.
- Combines many martial arts
- Practice in real-life scenarios
- Train in stand up, grappling, groundwork and takedowns
- Learn both physiological and psychosocial aspects of combat
Developed for reality
Krav Maga was developed to be effective in the real world and that is no different for our students. Learn techniques that really work through training in ‘real life’ scenarios. Prepare yourself for any situation by training Krav Maga.
- Most effective self-defence system
- Train in real life scenarios
- There are no mats or referees on the streets
- Effective, real-life skills that work
Started training Shotokan and then Goju Ryu Karate
Added training in Koga / Gendai Ryu Ninjitsu
- Became Gendai Ryu black belt and instructor
- Started Taekwondo, eventually becoming part of the national team
- Live-in student of Grandmaster Soke Dennis Hanover – founder of Dennis Survival Jujitsu
- Trained at the main army self-defence training base in Israel and was exposed to Military Krav Maga.
- Undertook intensive firearm training with pistol & submachine gun and received international certification
- Trained in the USA with Guru Dan Inosanto, Sifu Francis Fong, World Kickboxing Champion Jerry Rhome, Small Circle Jujitsu and Kyoshu-jitsu Master Mark Kline, Ashida Kim and numerous others.
- Became involved in the security, law enforcement and military training sector. Trained numerous military, policing, specialist security, royalty and mayoral protection teams in both security skills and Defensive Tactics
- Trained actively in Muay Thai, Kali/Eskrima and Brazilian Jujitsu
- Awarded a 6th Dan from Dennis Hanover, as well as being awarded a 6th Dan in Ninjitsu from GM Ashida Kim.
- Full contact champion in the DSJJ championships
- Inducted into the South African Martial Arts Hall of Fame
- Inducted into the Israeli Museum of Martial Arts History in 2010.
- Awarded his PhD after a 5 year research study assessing best practice use force and defensive tactics training methodology.
- Diploma of Martial Arts Sports Coaching
- Certificate IV in Fitness
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
- ASP Tactical Baton Instructor
- ASP Restraint and Control Instructor
- OCAT (Oleoresin capsicum spray training)
- Stinger Systems S200 Electronic immobilisation Device and React Systems Instructor
- Firearms Instructor in Handgun, Shotgun, Rifle and tactical application
Master Gav continues to be a leader in the field of self-defence, combatives, and defensive tactics training to civilians, police, and military, consulting and providing training at all levels including special forces and combat units, both in Australia and around the world.